Keeping everyone safe this season is priority number one, and you can do your part by making sure your car is vacation ready.
Check the condition of your tyres including:
- What condition is your tread?
- Check all areas, inner edge, outer edge as well as centre tread
- Are your wheels and/or tyres sidewalls damaged?
- Tyre pressure is the recommended level (check your owner’s manual or tyre placard if unsure)
Don’t forget to check the spare (if your vehicle has one).
Grab a friend and do a full light test
- Check your headlight low and high beams and the parker and fog lights
- Brake lights operate when the brake pedal is pressed
- Tail lights come on when headlights are on
- Left and right indicators are working on both front, rear, and side
- Emergency hazard lights work
Check the fluid levels including:
- Coolant bottle
- Windscreen washer bottle (Also check the washer operation, do they hit the windscreen?)
- Brake fluid (if confident, otherwise ask your mechanic to check for you)
- Engine oil (this might need to be done through your cars’ digital display)
Are there any cracks in your windscreen?
How are your wipers?
They may need replacing if they do any of the following:
- Bounce across the windscreen
- Leave streaks or smears
- Make excessive noise
Is all your paperwork up to date including registration and insurance?
Is your car’s service history up to date?
When was the last time you had a wheel alignment done?